Casinos in the Philadelphia metro area have the most diverse workforces among Pennsylvania facilities. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) released a diversity report on Thursday, detailing the workforce of each Pennsylvania casino.
The PGCB has statistics broken down from each county in regards to the amount of minorities working at every establishment. The casino industry in Pennsylvania employed more than 15,000 individuals in the Fiscal Year 2022/2023, which is up 4.3% from last year.
Philadelphia metro casinos employ the most minorities in Pennsylvania
Though PA online casinos do not provide diversity reports, the PGCB supplies them for retail casinos in Pennsylvania. Facilities located in Philadelphia metro areas employ more minorities than any other.
The casinos located in Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery and Delaware counties include:
- Live! Casino Philadelphia (Philadelphia)
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia (Philadelphia)
- Harrah’s Philadelphia (Delaware)
- Parx Casino Bensalem (Bucks)
- Valley Forge Casino (Montgomery)
Rivers Casino Philadelphia employs 64% minorities, the most of any casino in the state. However, Harrah’s Philadelphia is the only casino that employs more African Americans (40%) than caucasians (39%). Here’s a breakdown of workforce minorities in the Philadelphia metro area:
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia: 64%
- Live! Casino Philadelphia: 63%
- Harrah’s Philadelphia: 62%
- Valley Forge Casino: 61%
- Parx Casino Bensalem: 48%
Philadelphia is the only county where there are more minorities (71.7%) than caucasians (36.3%), so it’s not surprising to see Rivers Casino Philadelphia and Live! Casino Philadelphia atop the list. However, it’s great to see other casinos just outside the city limits employing a diverse group of people, too.
LEARN MORE ABOUT ONLINE CASINOS IN PA:
Pennsylvania casinos show increased efforts in diversity
Mount Airy Casino and Rivers Casino Pittsburgh showed the most improvement in diversity numbers.
Mount Airy Casino increased diversity levels by 5%, the highest of any PA casino. Here are the differences from the 2021/2022 report:
- 3% increase in African American employees
- 4% increase in Hispanic employees
- 1% decrease in Asian employees
- 1% decrease in “other” employees
Rivers Casino Pittsburgh showed the next-best improvement at 4%. Its report showed the following:
- 4% increase in African American employees
- No change Hispanic employees
- 2% decrease in Asian employees
- 1% increase in “other” employees
Rivers also carried out the mission at its Philadelphia location, too. It also reported a 4% improvement in diversity numbers, with African American employees increasing by the same rate.
Casinos in Pennsylvania delivering community outreach
All Pennsylvania casinos have made charitable donations to the community in one way or another. As the top grossing casino in the state, it’s no surprise Parx Casino Bensalem has made the most, totaling $8.7 million. Here are the top-five casinos by charitable contributions:
- Parx Casino Bensalem: $8.7 million
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia: $1.2 million
- Presque Isle Downs and Casino: $460,689
- Wind Creek Bethlehem: $403,825
- Valley Forge Casino: $358,435
It is encouraging to see so many casinos giving back to the community. It’s also great knowing that some casinos are actively improving diversity in their workplaces. Hopefully, we continue to see improvement in this area.