It doesn’t have the muscle of a historic NFC East battle. But it’s still the Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles with first place in the NFC East on the line.
Keeping up with the theme of 2020, things are a wreck. The Eagles are decimated by injuries. A once-promising season for the Cowboys has gone off the rails as the team appears to now be in “sell mode.”
It sets the stage for a Sunday Night Football showdown made for 2020: the 2-5 Cowboys against the 2-4-1 Eagles.
Pennsylvania online sportsbooks had the Eagles listed between 7.5- and 8.5-point favorites earlier in the week, with the O/U at 43. On Friday, the Eagles moved to a 10.5-point favorite.
Huge majority siding with the Eagles
Betting splits from DraftKings for Cowboys vs. Eagles:
- 95% of the money is on the Eagles (-8) to cover the spread.
- 93% of the money is on the Eagles (-400) on the moneyline.
- 65% of the money is on the under (43).
Only the Green Bay Packers (-6.5) have more handle backing them, to cover the spread versus the Minnesota Vikings.
Betting splits at FanDuel as of Sunday:
- 76% of the money is on the Eagles (-11.5) to cover the spread.
- 80% of the money is on the Eagles (-500) on the moneyline.
- 78% of the money is on the over (42.5).
- 89% of the money is on the Eagles (-7.5) to cover the spread.
- 95% of the money is on the Eagles (-335) on the moneyline.
- 84% of the money is on the over (43.5).
Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles odds
Here are the odds at DraftKings Sportsbook. as of Wednesday, followed by the latest Eagles game odds.
|Dallas Cowboys||+7.5 (-114)||+265||O 43.5 (-110)|
|Philadelphia Eagles||-7.5 (-107)||-335||U 43.5 (-110)|
Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles betting preview
It will be 10 days since the Eagles’ last game. The Eagles played the New York Giants on Thursday Night Football in Week Seven and trailed 21-10 with 6:17 remaining in the game. Carson Wentz turned in another gutsy performance (and an ill-timed Evan Engram drop) to give the Birds a 22-21 win. The Eagles were favored by 4.5-points and got heavy public support but failed to deliver for spread bettors.
The Cowboys are in complete disarray after a 25-3 loss in Washington. Their offense only scraped together 142 yards and 12 first downs. Cowboys quarterback Andy Dalton left the game with a concussion after a hit from linebacker Jon Bostic (who was then ejected). As of Wednesday, Dalton was still in concussion protocol. If he can’t go, it will be third-string QB Ben DiNucci.
The Eagles did not escape Week Seven unscathed injury-wise. DeSean Jackson suffered a nondisplaced fracture in his ankle during a punt return late in the game and will return to the IR. Lane Johnson tried to give his balky ankle a go, but left the game with a knee injury.
Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Eagles are 2-5 ATS; the Cowboys are 0-7 ATS.
- Four of the Eagles’ last seven games have hit the over. Same with the Cowboys.
- The Cowboys have lost each of their last six road games.
- Six of the Eagles’ last seven games as home favorites have gone under the total points line
- This is the biggest spread for an Eagles vs. Cowboys game since 2018. The Eagles were 7.5-point favorites and lost 27-20.
- The Cowboys’ D gives up the most points per game (34.7) and rushing yards per game (178.3).
Week 8 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $500.
- Parlay boost: Get a 20% profit boost on a two+ leg parlay for any NFL game during Week Eight.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Same Game Parlay: Place a same-game parlay on any Week Eight game, and if you don’t win, get a refund of up to $10 in site credit.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week:
- Log in to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max $50 bet).
- Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles: For new customers only, a $1 bet pays $100 (in free bets) if the Eagles score. The special also applies for the Steelers on Sunday.
Cowboys vs. Eagles Week 8 bet boosts
- Sunday Night Football Primetime Prop: Bet on which player will score the first touchdown and get your bet back if he scores anytime (up to $20).
- CeeDee Lamb under 52.5 receiving yards boosted from (-139) to -115
- Wentz to score the first TD boosted from (+1100) to +1500
(Max bet $50)
Carson Wentz to have three+ passing TDs boosted from (+230) to +270
- Eagles to score points in every quarter boosted from (+150) to +200
- Wentz three or more passing TDs and Eagles to win boosted from (+225) to +250
- Wentz to have a passer rating of 100 or higher and the Eagles to win boosted from (-118) to +100
- Wentz to have a passer rating of 130 or higher boosted from (+325) to +400
- Final score: Eagles 24–Cowboys 17 boosted from (+8000) to +10000
- Ben DiNucci to throw more TD passes than Carson Wentz (yes) +350
- Carson Wentz to record two+ passing TDs, one+ interceptions and Eagles to win (yes) +285
Philadelphia Eagles 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 16 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 28 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 1 (Week 13)||Dec. 8 (Week 14)||Dec. 15 (Week 15)||Dec. 22 (Week 16)|
Complete Week 8 NFL odds at PA sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Michael Perez