It will probably be the bluest Christmas ever for an 11-3 team.
All good cheer from an 11-0 start seems to be gone for the Pittsburgh Steelers, who lost their third straight game. On Monday Night Football, the Cincinnati Bengals jumped out to a 17-0 lead and stunned the Steelers en route to a 27-17 win. Sportsbooks had the Steelers as two-touchdown favorites.
Things don’t get any easier for the Black and Yellow. They are holding a one-game lead on the Cleveland Browns in the AFC North with two games remaining.
For Week 16, the Steelers opened as 1.5-point underdogs against the Indianapolis Colts with the total points line at 44.5. However, by Sunday, the line flipped, and now the Colts are a 1.5 or 1 point favorite at PA sportsbook apps.
In Week 17, the Steelers visit the Browns.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Colts betting splits
Betting splits from FanDuel for Steelers vs. Colts
- 54% of the money is on the Colts (-1) to cover the spread
- 54% of the money is on the Steelers (-108) moneyline
- 79% of the money is on the over (42.5)
After a shocking loss to the Bengals on Monday night, the Steelers went from 2.5-point favorites to 1.5-point home underdogs to the Colts.
“The professionals think the Colts should be a road favorite here, so that’s really all that matters,” said Nick Bogdanovich, director of trading for William Hill US. “The Steelers were -2.5 before they lost to the Bengals. They looked so pitiful for the third straight game, and now the Colts are favored. It’s too early to say which team we’re going to need here, but I would imagine that the public will be on the Colts as well.”
Bengals biggest home dog to win on MNF
This was a shocker for the Steelers nation at sports bettors. The Steelers were getting a big majority of the public backing as a 14.5 to 15-point favorite. According to ESPN’s David Purdum, the Bengals are the largest home underdogs to win outright on Monday Night Football.
With the defeat, Pittsburgh has not covered the spread in four straight games.
Betting splits from FanDuel Sportsbook for Steelers vs. Bengals:
- 74% of the money was on the Steelers (-14.5) to cover the spread
- 91% of the money was on the Steelers (-1000) moneyline
- 69% of the money was on the over (40.5)
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Indianapolis Colts odds
Here are the opening odds at FanDuel Sportsbook, followed by the latest Steelers game odds.
|Indianapolis Colts||-1.5 (-110)||-126||O 44.5 (-110)|
|Pittsburgh Steelers||+1.5 (-110)||+108||U 44.5 (-110)|
Pittsburgh Steelers 2020 odds tracker
How things have changed. In Week 13, the Steelers were +550 to win the Super Bowl and +250 to claim the AFC title. Now, the Steelers’ odds are +1300 to win Super Bowl LV and +1000 to win the AFC.
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 1 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 27 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 3 (Week 13)||Dec. 8. (Week 14)||Dec. 15 (Week 15)||Dec. 22 (Week 16)||Week 17||Wild Card (Jan. 5)|
|AFC North||+340||+220||+150||+120||-320||not listed||-800||-2500||-2000||-3000||-10000||-340||n/a||n/a|
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Indianapolis Colts betting preview
The Steelers’ high-flying offense has been grounded. They have failed to score over 20 points since Nov. 22, when they visited the one-win Jacksonville Jaguars. Ben Roethlisberger only threw for 19 yards and one interception in the first half vs. the Bengals. It was the first time since 2017 that the Bengals (3-10-1) held an opponent scoreless. The Steelers only mustered 40 total first-half yards. They finished the game with 244 total yards of offense.
It could have been a great night for the Steelers. They had a chance to clinch the AFC North, and Big Ben surpassed the 60,000 passing yards mark just hours after a report that he planned to return next year. Instead, it turned into a third-straight loss, lots of questions and an angry defensive captain.
“I’m not disappointed — I’m just pissed off. We just lost the damn game. I think that’s the way our team feels. We’re not feeling sorry for ourselves, but we’ve got to get the job done. We’re two weeks out.”
In Week 15, a last-second Colts fumble recovery in the end zone sealed a dramatic 27-20 win over the Houston Texans. The 10-4 Colts have won three straight and are tied with the Tennessee Titans for first place in the AFC South.
Steelers vs. Colts betting stats and info from DraftKings:
- The Steelers and Colts are both 8-6 ATS.
- Six of the Steelers’ 14 games have gone over; eight for the Colts.
- The Steelers’ win probability is 46%.
- The Steelers have won the first half in each of their last five games at Heinz Field.
- The Steelers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four games.
- Indianapolis won five of their last six road games.
Week 16 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Risk-free $500 bet for new users.
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $1,000.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost every week:
- Log in to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max $50 bet).
- Risk-free $500 bet: Place your first bet, and if it loses, the Fox Bet sportsbook app will match it as a free bet up to $500.
- $1 bet pays $50: New users only. $1 bet pays $50 in free bets if the Steelers score.
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
Colts vs. Steelers Week 16 bet boosts
- Phillip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger two or more passing TDs each boosted from (+375) to +300
- Jonathan Taylor to score a TD in the first quarter boosted from (+400) to +500
- Roethlisberger to throw two or more interceptions and Colts to win boosted from (+500) to +600
- Final score: Colts 27, Steelers 26 boosted from (+8000) to +10000
- Steelers, Ravens, Eagles, Packers all to win (yes) +582
Complete Week 16 NFL odds at PA sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Matt Durisko