The Pittsburgh Steelers will take on AFC North rival Cleveland Browns for second time in a week. However, it will be under very different circumstances.
In Week 17, Pittsburgh rested most of their key players since they already won the AFC North title. The Browns were fighting for a playoff spot which they clinched with a 24-22 win over the Steelers. The trip to the playoffs ends the longest NFL postseason drought. It is the Browns’ first trip to the postseason in 17 seasons.
The Steelers (12-4) will host the Browns (11-5) in a Wild Card game on Sunday night at 8:15 p.m.
Pennsylvania online sportsbooks opened with the Steelers as 4.5-point favorites. However, on Tuesday, the Browns announced that head coach Kevin Stefanski, two members of the coaching staff and two players have tested positive for COVID-19. The line moved to Steelers -6 with the total points line at 47.5. By Sunday morning, the Steelers were 5.5-point favorites.
Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Wild Card betting splits
Sunday betting splits for Browns vs. Steelers:
- 73% of the money is on the Steelers (-5.5) to cover the spread
- 80% of the money is on the Steelers (-250) moneyline
- 58% of the money is on the OVER (47.5)
At William Hill
- 85% of the money is on the Steelers (-5.5) to cover the spread
- 79% of the money is on the Steelers (-250) moneyline
- 58% of the money is on the OVER (47.5)
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh odds
Here are odds at FanDuel Sportsbook as of Tuesday afternoon, followed by the latest Steelers game odds.
|Cleveland Browns||+6 (-105)||+225||O 47.5 (-106)|
|Pittsburgh Steelers||-6 (-1051||-275||U 47.5 (-114)|
Pittsburgh Steelers 2020 odds tracker
The Steelers’ preseason odds to win the AFC North were +340.
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 1 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 27 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 3 (Week 13)||Dec. 8. (Week 14)||Dec. 15 (Week 15)||Dec. 22 (Week 16)||Week 17||Wild Card (Jan. 5)|
|AFC North||+340||+220||+150||+120||-320||not listed||-800||-2500||-2000||-3000||-10000||-340||n/a||n/a|
Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers odds, betting preview
Without a bye due to COVID schedule disruptions, head coach Mike Tomlin rested some starters in Week 17.
The Steelers visited the Browns in Week 6 as three-point favorites. The Black and Yellow dismantled the Browns en route to a 38-7 win. The Browns were without running back Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt was held to 40 yards on 13 carries. It was also Baker Mayfield‘s worst game of the season (119 passing yards, 1 TD, 2 INTS, 54.9 passer rating).
Pittsburgh started out a franchise-best 11-0 led by one of the top defenses in the league and a strong comeback campaign from Ben Roethlisberger. The offense sputtered late in the season and still remains a question mark.
Betting Stats from FanDuel
- Cleveland is averaging 25.5 points per game (PPG) this season (No. 14 in the NFL)
- Cleveland is surrendering 26.2 PPG this season (No. 21 in the NFL)
- Pittsburgh is averaging 26.0 points per game (PPG) this season (No. 12 in the NFL)
- Pittsburgh is surrendering 19.5 PPG this season (No. 3 in the NFL)
Steelers vs. Browns betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Steelers are 10-6 ATS, and the Browns are 6-10 ATS
- Eight of the Steelers’ 16 games have gone OVER. Nine for the Browns.
- Pittsburgh’s win probability is 71%.
- Pittsburgh has won each of the last 17 home games against the Browns.
- Eight of the Steelers’ last nine night games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Browns have failed to cover the spread in each of their last eight games against AFC North opponents.
2020 NFL Playoff Leaders odds
(Steelers in bold. Complete list of players at DraftKings Sportsbook.)
Favorites for most playoff passing yards:
- Patrick Mahomes: +225
- Josh Allen: +350
- Tom Brady: +500
- Ben Roethlisberger:+2200
Most rushing yards:
- Derrick Henry: +360
- J.K. Dobbins: +650
- Ronald Jones: +650
- James Conner:+3000
Most receiving yards:
- Stefon Diggs: +350
- Devante Adams: +500
- Tyreek Hill: +600
- Diontae Johnson:+3000
- Chase Claypool:+5000
- JuJu Smith-Schuster:+5000
Super Bowl MVP:
- Patrick Mahomes: +325
- Aaron Rodgers: +625
- Josh Allen: +1000
NFL Playoff promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Risk-free $500 bet for new users.
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $1,000.
- 100% Profit Boost for Cleveland Browns vs Pittsburgh Steelers: Opt-in and you will be issued a single-use Profit Boost to apply to one qualifying bet on the game. You must select the boost from your bet slip before placing your bet to apply the boosted price. Max $50 bet.
- New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit, and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Risk-free $500 bet: Place your first bet, and if it loses, the Fox Bet sportsbook app will match it as a free bet up to $500.
- Wild Card Weekend boosts: Get a 50% live profit boost on every NFL game.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
Browns vs. Steelers Wild Card weekend bet boosts at PA online sportsbook
- Steelers, Titans and Saints all to win boosted from (+325) to +355
- Nick Chubb to score the first TD boosted from (+750) to +850
(Max bet $50)
- Steelers (-5.5), Seahawks (-2.5), Bucs (-7.5), Titans (+3.5) boosted from (+1029) to +1200
- Browns vs. Steelers: Both teams to score 25+ points boosted from (+420) to +510
- JuJu Smith Schuster and Diontae Johnson to combine for 125+ receiving yards boosted from (+100) to +155
- Steelers, Saints, Ravens all to win (yes) +155
- Nick Chubb, JuJu Smith-Schuster each to score a TD (yes) +350
- Baker Mayfield to pass for more yards than Ben Roethlisberger (yes) +180
- Chase Claypool or Jarvis Landry to score the first TD of the game (yes) +530
- TJ Watt & Myles Garrett to combine for over 1.5 sacks (yes) -134
- Roethlisberger 250 or more passing yards and 2 or more passing TDs boosted from (-133) to +100
- Each team 2 or more TDs and 1 or more field goals boosted from (-120) to +100
- Nick Chubb 100 or more rushing yards and to score a rushing TD boosted from (+333) to +400
- Jarvis Landry to score a TD in the 1st quarter boosted from (+550) to +700
- Final score: Steelers 27, Browns 23 boosted from (+8000) to +10000
Complete Wild Card Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar