The undefeated Pittsburgh Steelers opened as 3.5-point favorites at Pennsylvania online sportsbooks for their Week Six divisional matchup against the Cleveland Browns. Before kickoff on Sunday, the Steelers were 3-point favorites. The over/under is 50.5.
In Week Five, the Steelers beat their cross-state foes, the Philadelphia Eagles, 38-29. Rookie wide receiver Chase Claypool had a breakout performance with four touchdowns (three receiving, one rushing). The Steelers are 4-0 for the first time since 1979, when they finished 12-4 and won Super Bowl XIV.
About 5,500 fans were permitted at Heinz Field last week for the first time this season.
Steelers popular at BetRivers
Eagles vs. Steelers was the most bet-on 1 p.m. game by total handle at BetRivers. The Steelers (-7) was an especially popular play, responsible for 45% of the total game handle. BetRivers online sportsbook also claimed that it took over two dozen bets on Claypool to score 2+ TDs (+1800).
Here’s a breakdown of where the money was going for the Eagles vs. Steelers before kickoff at FanDuel online sportsbook:
- 60% of the money backed the Steelers (-7) to cover the spread.
- 45% of the money for the Steelers (-315) on the moneyline.
- 74% of the money on the over (44.5).
All three of the above markets that earned the majority of the public’s favor turned out to be winners.
Claypool’s ROY odds improve
Claypool opened the season at +4000 to win Offensive Rookie of the Year at PA online betting apps. He is now listed at +2300. The second-round draft pick out of Notre Dame tore apart the Eagles’ weak linebackers and suspect coverage for seven rec, 110 yards and four touchdowns.
Ben Roethlisberger continued to show why he opened the season as the favorite to win Comeback Player of the Year as he passed for 239 yards and three TDs. Big Ben has surrendered just one interception after four games. Washington quarterback Alex Smith returned to play last week nearly two years after a life-threatening knee injury. He is now the favorite (-330) followed by Roethlisberger (+420) at FanDuel to win Comeback Player of the Year.
Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers odds
Here are the odds at DraftKings. They will be updated odds as game time approaches.
|Cleveland Browns||+3.5||O 50.5 (-110)|
|Pittsburgh Steelers||-3.5||U 50.5 (-110)|
Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers betting preview
The Browns were 1-point underdogs at most sportsbook apps, and it was the most evenly split game of Week Five in terms of point spread money. Without running back Nick Chubb, the Browns relied on quarterback Baker Mayfield (21-37, 247 YDS, 2 TD) to beat the Indianapolis Colts 32-23. The Browns did not punt until the fourth quarter.
Browns defensive end Myles Garrett ranks second for most sacks. The last time Garrett faced Pittsburgh, the game ended in a brawl after he swung his helmet at quarterback Mason Rudolph. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was quick to stomp out any possible drama, saying on Tuesday:
“We’re not looking for that low-hanging fruit or that reality TV storyline. This is a big game here in 2020.”
Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Browns are 3-2 ATS; the Steelers are 3-1 ATS.
- Over/under record for the Browns is 4-1.
- Over/under record for the Steelers is 3-1.
- The Browns’ average winning margin is 9.8 points; the Steelers’ average winning margin is 7.8 points.
- The Steelers have won each of their last 16 home games against the Browns.
- The Browns have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight road games.
- Each of the Browns’ last four games has gone over the total points line.
Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Week 6 betting splits
- 55% of the money is on the Steelers (-3) to cover the spread.
- 57% of the money is on the Steelers on the moneyline.
- 89% of the money is on the over (51).
- 55% of the money is on the Steelers (-3.5) to cover the spread.
- 42% of the money is on the Steelers (-190) on the moneyline.
- 92% of the money is on the over (50.5).
Pittsburgh Steelers 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 1 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 27 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 3 (Week 13)||Dec. 8. (Week 14)||Dec. 15 (Week 15)||Dec. 22 (Week 16)||Week 17||Wild Card (Jan. 5)|
|AFC North||+340||+220||+150||+120||-320||not listed||-800||-2500||-2000||-3000||-10000||-340||n/a||n/a|
Week 6 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $500.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund your losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Same Game Parlay: Place a same-game parlay on any Week Six game, and if you don’t win, get a refund of up to $10 in site credit.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week:
- Log in to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max $50 bet).
Week 6 Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers bet boosts
(Max bet $50)
- Bears (-2.5), Steelers (-2.5) and 49ers (+4.5) boosted from (+401) to +470
- Steelers to cover (-3.5) boosted from (-115) to +125
- Ravens, Steelers and Colts all to win boosted from (+159) to +200
- Roethlisberger and Wentz one or more passing TDs boosted from (-200) to +100
- Roethlisberger to pass for 300 or more yards and Steelers to win boosted from (+240) to +300
- Chase Claypool to score a TD and Steelers to win boosted from (+250) to +300
- Steelers to win and 50 or more total game points boosted from (+160) to +200
- JuJu Smith-Schuster to score the first touchdown boosted from (+800) to +1000
- Final score: Steelers 28, Browns 24 boosted from (+8000) to +10000
Complete Week 6 NFL Odds at PA sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Keith Srakocic