Somehow, some way, the Philadelphia Eagles (3-5-1) are in first place in the NFC East. Through a rash of injuries, inconsistent play, questionable play-calling and an overmatched linebacking corps, the Birds are the best of a bad bunch.
However, that could be ending soon. They showed little life in their 27-17 loss to the New York Giants. The Giants are on a bye this week, but with two straight wins, that counts for momentum in the horrid NFC East.
The Birds face a rough five-game stretch. Their next five opponents are a combined 32-13.
PA sportsbooks’ updated Super Bowl odds this week list the Eagles at +8500. Those are the Eagles’ longest odds since the Super Bowl LV market was listed.
Next up are the 6-3 Cleveland Browns. The Browns opened as 3.5-favorites at PA online sports betting apps. They are now favored by 3. The total points line is 47.
On Friday, the Browns placed defensive end Myles Garrett on the reserve/COVID-19 list. He will not play against the Eagles. Garrett leads the NFL with 9.5 sacks.
Eagles disappoint bettors and fans
The Eagles have disappointed fans and backers. They are 3-6 ATS.
Betting splits from FanDuel as of Sunday morning for Eagles vs. Browns:
- 65% of the money is on the Browns (-2.5) to cover the spread.
- 59% of the money is on the Eagles (+120) on the moneyline.
- 65% of the money is on the over (45.5). On Friday, 89% of the money was on the over (47). The weather forecast for Philadelphia today calls for heavy rain.
Of the 13 NFL Week 11 totals up at William Hill right now, only four of them are at 50 or above (30.8%). That is the lowest number of totals in the 50s on a Sunday since Week Two (three of 16 totals) and the lowest percentage since Week Three (25% of totals).
Nick Bogdanovich, director of trading for William Hill, commented:
“If you look at the ones under 50, it’s 48.5, 48. Back in the day, it’d be 43, 44. To me, the totals are still high. Back in the day, you’d see a 37 or 38; now you never see one in the thirties. The lowest total this week is Miami-Denver, 45. That used to be a high total in the NFL; now it’s the lowest one this week.”
Three NFL Week 11 totals have shifted by multiple points from their opening number: Eagles vs. Browns (45 to 47), Titans vs. Ravens (47 to 49.5) and Chiefs vs. Raiders (55 to 57).
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Cleveland Browns odds
Here are the odds at DraftKings Sportsbook as of Wednesday, followed by the latest Eagles game odds.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Cleveland Browns betting preview
Coming off a 23-9 win versus the Dallas Cowboys and Week Nine bye, the Eagles looked lethargic. They never led during the game, failed to convert any of their nine third attempts and didn’t show much fight in a 27-17 loss to the New York Giants.
The Cleveland Browns hosted the Houston Texans amid windy conditions during Week 10. As a result, they relied on their run game, and Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt each ran for more than 100 yards. The Browns held on to win 10-7.
The Browns delivered bettors the most brutal beat of the week (possibly the season). They were between a 4 and 4.5 point favorite. With the 10-7 lead late in the game, Chubb broke for what would have been a 60-yard touchdown … until he went out of bounds at the 1-yard line so the Browns could run out the clock.
Eagles vs. Browns betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Eagles and Browns are both 3-6 ATS.
- Four of the Eagles’ eight games have hit the over; five for the Browns.
- The Eagles have won the first half in each of their last six November games against AFC opponents.
- The Eagles have lost each of their last four road games against AFC North opponents.
- Each of Browns’ last four games against NFC opponents has gone OVER the total points line.
Week 11 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $1,000.
- Parlay Boost: Get a 20% profit boost on a four+ leg parlay for any NFL games this weekend.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund your losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
BetRivers Online Sportsbook Free NFL Profit Boost every week:
- Log in to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max $50 bet).
- Risk-free $500 bet: Place your first bet, and if it loses, the Fox Bet sportsbook app will match it as a free bet up to $500.
- $1 bet pays $50: New users only. $1 bet pays $50 in free bets if the Eagles (or Steelers) score.
Eagles vs. Browns Week 11 bet boosts
- Travis Fulgham and Jarvis Landry to combine for 150 or more receiving yards boosted from (+150) to +200
- Carson Wentz and Baker Mayfield two or more passing TDs each boosted from (+250) to +300
- Carson Wentz to have a passer rating of 120 or higher boosted from (+250) to +300
- Nick Chubb to score a TD in the first quarter boosted from (+400) to +500
- Final score: Eagles 24, Browns 23 boosted from (+8000) to +10000
Philadelphia Eagles 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 16 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 28 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 1 (Week 13)||Dec. 8 (Week 14)||Dec. 15 (Week 15)||Dec. 22 (Week 16)|
Complete Week 11 NFL odds at PA sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Adam Hunger