The Ides of March is approaching, but things are getting pretty interesting in February.
The most recent AP Top 25 poll had a shake-up at the top with Kansas supplanting Baylor. Ranked Pennsylvania teams include Villanova, which held the No. 12 spot and Penn State, who fell from No. 9 to No. 16.
The Big East and the Big Ten conference tournaments start on March 11. Villanova and Penn State will look to claim conference crowns and solidify seeding in the NCAA Tournament. There is still regular-season play, promotions and betting ahead of the “dance,” which starts on March 19.
Nova and Penn State look to finish season strong
Villanova and Penn State both host games on Feb. 26.
Here are the spread, moneyline and over/under at FanDuel Sportsbook for each game.
St. John’s vs. Villanova (6:30 p.m.):
- Point spread: Villanova -12.5
- Moneyline: St. Johns (+640), Villanova (-950)
- Over/under: 146.5
Rutgers vs. Penn State (7 p.m.):
Point spread: Penn State -5
Moneyline: Rutgers (+180), Penn State (-225)
Villanova betting numbers to know
According to facts and figures provided by DraftKings:
Nova rules at Finneran Pavilion. They’ve won 51 of their last 53 on their home court.
Ten of Villanova games have gone over and 17 have hit the under.
Villanova starts fast at Finneran. They’ve won the first half in each of their last 10 home games.
College basketball promos, odds boosts
FanDuel odds boost:
- Villanova, Virginia, Maryland all to win, boosted from +269 to +320
DraftKings odds boosts:
- Villanova to win by 15 or more points, boosted from +110 to +125.
- Villanova, 76ers, Penguins all to win, boosted from +118 to +170.
- Although they aren’t in the Top 25: DraftKings is offering a “Yinzer Special,“ featuring the Pittsburgh Panthers and Pittsburgh. Penguins both to win boosted from +189 to +210.
BetRivers “Wednesday Specials:”
- Villanova to win by over 19.5 points (yes +220)
- Pittsburgh Panthers and Pittsburgh Penguins both to win (yes +190)
- PA Crossover Boost: Villanova, Penn State and 76ers all to win, boosted from +100 to +125
- Fox Bet FS1 Hoops Boost: Villanova to win and both teams to score 80+ points, boosted from +1,000 to +1,300.
- Villanova to win by 21+ points, boosted from +300 to +350.
College basketball crown coming to PA?
How far will Villanova and Penn State go in the NCAA Tournament? Sportsbooks in PA take a look at their future.
Odds to win the national championship at FanDuel:
Penn State: +3,500
To make Final Four:
Penn State: +600
Odds to win the national championship at DraftKings:
Penn State: +3,000
To make Final Four:
Penn State: +650