The Pittsburgh Steelers entered their AFC North showdown with the Baltimore Ravens as underdogs despite being the last undefeated team in the NFL. They emerged from a physical, four-lead change battle still undefeated.
The Steelers rallied from a 10-point deficit to hang on for a 28-24 win. They are 7-0 for the second time in the history of the storied franchise and the first time since 1978.
The win had big implications for Steelers’ futures markets. Their Super Bowl odds improved from +950 to +650. They have the second-best odds behind the Kansas City Chiefs. And the Steelers are now favorites to win the AFC North (-320).
How are the fans reacting to tying the best start in franchise history? It’s got the Steel City dancing.
Majority backed the Steelers in AFC North battle
The public backed the undefeated Steelers and were rewarded with a Steelers cover and the total hitting the OVER.
Betting splits from DraftKings for Steelers vs. Ravens:
- 76% of the money was on the Steelers (+3.5) to cover the spread
- 83% of the money was on the Steelers (+175) on the moneyline
- 52% of the money was on the OVER (46.5)
Betting splits from FanDuel:
- 77% of the money was on the Steelers (+4) to cover the spread
- 90% of the money was on the Steelers (+160) on the moneyline
- 68% of the money was on the OVER (46.5)
At BetRivers, bettors who wagered on “Any Other Steelers TD scorer” at +2500 didn’t have much sweat. Less than a minute into the game, Robert Spillane intercepted Lamar Jackson and scored a defensive touchdown.
Betting splits from BetRivers:
- 58% of the money was on the Steelers (+4) to cover the spread
- 64% of the money was on the Steelers (+185) on the moneyline
- 87% of the money was on the OVER (45)
Steelers react to 7-0
Your team isn’t undefeated? Can’t relate
That 7-0 feeling
Minkah’s game-saving swat
Gene Steratore, rules analyst for CBS Sports, weighed in on Fitzpatrick’s game-sealing pass breakup.
Keep in mind … it’s still 2020
As we were about to publish this story Ravens defensive back Marlon Humphrey tweeted:
There has been no word yet if any Steelers have tested positive. Humphrey played all 53 defensive snaps against the Steelers.
Lead image via Steelers twitter.