The Pittsburgh Steelers‘ stellar season has hit the skids.
After rolling to 11 straight wins, the Steelers (11-2) have lost two in a row, and the team is struggling to establish balance on offense. The Buffalo Bills (10-3) beat the Steelers 26-15 en route to their third straight win. Josh Allen threw for 283 yards and two touchdowns, and safety Taron Johnson returned a Ben Roethlisberger interception for a touchdown.
Twitter reacted to the Steelers’ sloppy performance.
Bettors leaned toward the Bills
Betting splits from FanDuel Sportsbook for Steelers vs. Bills as of Sunday morning:
- 67% of the money was on the Bills (-2.5) to cover the spread.
- 57% of the money was on the Steelers on the moneyline (+118).
- 77% of the money was on the over (48.5).
At BetRivers PA, the public was split on the game.
- 52% of the money was on the Bills (-2) to cover the spread.
- 54% of the money was on the Bills (-125) on the moneyline.
- 55% of the money was on the under (48.5).
At William Hill online sportsbook, the Steelers originally were listed as 2.5-point road favorites. The line flipped and made the Bills -2.5. The 5-point swing was the biggest one for any NFL Week 14 game.
Steelers’ offensive woes
Colin Cowherd hates the Steelers
“The Steelers’ time has come and gone,” he said. “The Steelers are a big brand, but they are no longer elite.”
Some good news
Week 14 wasn’t a complete lost cause for the Black and Yellow. The Steelers recorded a sack for a 70th straight game, marking a new NFL record. With the Miami Dolphins loss, the Steelers also clinched a playoff berth.
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Matt Durisko