Nine online sportsbooks in Pennsylvania offer tons of lines, betting markets, boosts, tweets and promotions. Each week we take a look around the books to bring you some highlights. Mainstream sports are slowly waking up from coronavirus-caused shutdowns.
As swiftly as leagues shuttered, the resumption of play will be a slower proposition. Various issues have to be considered; these include health and safety, along with the allocation of funds with shortened seasons and no fans in the seats.
- The NHL announced a return-to-play plan on Tuesday. Formal training camps would start “no earlier than the first half of July” said commissioner Gary Bettman. It would be followed by a 24-team playoff.
- The NBA is continuing to plot its return. According to Shams Charania, plans include training camps in July and games resuming in late July/early August.
- Major League Baseball‘s return is being slowed by a disagreement between the players and the owners over economics.
NASCAR fuels bettors with busy schedule of races
While the NHL, NBA and MLB attempt to map their way back, the rubber has already hit the road for NASCAR.
The Supermarket Heroes 500 will be the fifth race in 15 days the NASCAR Cup Series.
FOX Bet is offering a new player sign-up special. When you bet $25 on any Supermarket Heroes 500 market, you will get $50 in free bets on Monday whether your wager wins or loses.
Here are the details:
- Register and real money verify your account
- Must make a deposit to qualify. The promotional bet must be your first bet.
- Bet $25 on any Supermarket Heroes 500 market – win or lose get $50 in free bets on Monday,
- $50 free bet will be credited on Monday, June 1st, 2020 by 12:00pm EST.
- Free bets can be used on any sport or next Cup Series.
FOX Bet odds for Supermarket Heroes 500 race winner:
- Kyle Busch: +400
- Joey Logano: +750
- Denny Hamlin: +800
- Martin Truex Jr.: +800
- Kevin Harvick: +800
- Odds for rest of field listed on FOX Bet app
NHL’s plans boost books
When the season resumes, the Pittsburgh Penguins will square off against the Montreal Canadiens.
The series line is:
- Canadiens +155 vs. Penguins-195
- Canadiens +166 vs. Penguins -205
- Canadiens +155 vs. Penguins-195
Sportsbooks in PA were quick to react to NHL’s news, and posted odds boosts based around the state’s two teams.
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers house special
- Flyers or Penguins or Avalanche to win the Stanley Cup (+225).
- Philadelphia Flyers to win the Eastern Conference boosted from +450 to +650
- Stanley Cup Win Bonus: Place a $50 futures wager on a team to win the Stanley Cup and earn $10 bonus for every win out their first five playoff games.
- Philadelphia Flyers to win the Cup boosted from +1000 to +1,100
- Philadelphia Flyers to win the Cup boosted from +1,100 to +1,300.
Woodley favored for UFC Fight Night
After three Jacksonville cards, the UFC returns to Las Vegas where casinos are expected to reopen on June 4.
UFC Fight Night on May 30 is headlined by the welterweight showdown between top-ranked contender and former welterweight champion Tyron Woodley (-184) and Gilbert Burns (+156), who is ranked sixth in the division.
UFC Bet Boosts
- Tyron Woodley vs. Gilbert Burns to end via TKO boosted from +130 to +180
- UFC first and last round insurance: Place a pre-fight method of victory wager and if your bet loses and the fight ends in the first or last round, get a refund in site credit up to $50.
- Tyron Woodley & Klidson de Abreu & Augusto Sakai all to win boosted from +510 to +560
- Woodley vs Burns to finish in 60 seconds or less boosted to +1,550
- Tyron Woodley to win by KO/TKO/DQ boosted from +150 to +175
- Burns by KO, TKO or DSQ boosted from +650 to +750
- Woodley by KO, TKO or DSQ boosted from +175 to +275
- Woodley to win in Rounds 1-5 boosted from +160 to +195
- Burns to win in Rounds 1-5 boosted from +275 to +333
DraftKings launches live streaming
FanDuel started streaming select NHL games directly within its app in early March. BetRivers/PlaySugarHouse also streams some live sports. However, the coronavirus put a pause to the momentum of the feature.
If the NHL, NBA and MLB return by late July, I’m going to need all the screens and streaming I can get.
DraftKings expanded its partnership with Sportradar to launch mobile live streaming in its app. DraftKings users who are logged into their active accounts and have a wallet balance above $0.00 will be able to stream games directly within the app.
DraftKings customers in Pennsylvania and certain other states can stream Korea Baseball Organization and Bundesliga. When other leagues resume play, the operator says it will explore potential expansion opportunities of the live-stream functionality.
Ezra Kucharz, chief business officer at DraftKings, commented in a press release:
“With a focus on innovation, we are excited to further enhance our product offerings to include a convenient, state-of-the-art experience through live entertainment. At this difficult time for sports fans across the nation, we have extended our partnership with Sportradar to bring customers the best in-app experience from the safety and comfort of their homes, and closer to the games and players they love.”
The Match sets record for most-bet
Four masters of their respective fields gave a starving audience something to watch and bet on.
Tiger Woods and Peyton Manning defeated the team of Phil Mickelson and Tom Brady in “The Match 2: Champions for Charity.” It was the most wagered-on non-major golf event in the history of BetRivers and PlaySugarHouse.
Leading up to the event, Mickelson and Brady received the early backing with 70% of handle. In the end, Woods and Manning received 60% of the handle to win. Only 30% of the handle was on the outright match-winner. The rest was placed on various side props and live betting.
Biggest Divine Fortune Jackpot ever won in PA
An Audubon, Pennsylvania woman won the biggest Divine Fortune Jackpot in the history of the United States. She started playing online PlaySugarHouse last month, and hit the $533,239.70 jackpot late Tuesday evening.
The popular progressive slot is only available in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. This is the 14th Divine Fortune jackpot at PlaySugarHouse.com in Pennsylvania since its launch last summer.
PlaySugarHouse’s sister site, BetRivers, also had a big winner.
Congrats to the lucky https://t.co/2u6mH9Whnp player who won $157,746 on a $2 bet playing the Mercy of the Gods slot.🎰
Presented by Rivers Casino Philadelphia
Gambling Problem? Call 1800Gambler pic.twitter.com/b9TOi9oIqo
— Rivers Casino Pittsburgh (@WinBigRivers) May 12, 2020
Closing the book
For those of you who still have Super Bowl LII on their DVR (guilty), a replay of Brandon Graham strip sacking Tom Brady still moves us to tears. Eagles fans will never forget it…and neither will Brady.
“It’s the Eagles that I cringe, bro. Not the Falcons.” pic.twitter.com/FMiMQU1T6H
— Joseph Murray (@PPDJoeMurray) May 24, 2020