BetMGM Casino Awards Nearly $75 Million In Jackpots In 2023

Written By Corey Sharp on July 21, 2023
BetMGM Casino has handed out nearly $75 million in jackpots this year already.

Awarding jackpots for players on PA online casinos isn’t necessarily a bad thing for operators. While the chance of hitting a large jackpot is rare, when the event does happen, it gets players very excited.

BetMGM Casino PA has already handed out $74.7 million in progressive jackpots through June. It’s on pace to shatter last year’s prize money total. Also, Pennsylvania players hit for two of the five largest jackpots on BetMGM.

The well-known gaming provider is one of the leaders in the online casino space, especially in Pennsylvania, largely because of its wide array of in-house titles.

BetMGM Casino distributes nearly $75 million in jackpots in 2023

With the first half of 2023 over, BetMGM has gifted $74.7 million in progressive jackpots so far. That is on pace to shell out just shy of $150 million in prize money for players for the year, which easily beats 2022’s total of $104 million.

Slot titles created by Entain that are available exclusively on BetMGM’s platform made up 41% of jackpot hits. Other slot suppliers such as IGT, NetEnt and Light & Wonder accounted for the other 59% of prizes handed out.

BetMGM Director of Online Gaming, Oliver Bartlett, made the following statement:

“BetMGM is proud to award these big progressive jackpots to our players. Curating an engaging selection of jackpot titles is a key focus and our progressive jackpot pools offer fantastic options to all players. We look forward to eclipsing last year’s total and raising the standard of the overall online casino experience.”

2 Pennsylvania online casino players win $1 million apiece

BetMGM delivered the highest total of jackpot prize money in Michigan ($27.4 million), followed by New Jersey ($23.2 million) and Pennsylvania ($18.8 million).

While the Keystone State is last on the list, two residents won $1 million each. Here are the top-five jackpots among the three states:

  • Jan. 7 – MGM Grand Millions ($2.8 million) – New Jersey
  • June 6 – Luck O’ The Jackpot ($2.4 million) – New Jersey
  • April 4 – Fjord of Riches ($1.02 million) – Pennsylvania
  • March 4 – MGM Grand Millions ($1.02 million) – Pennsylvania
  • May 15 – MGM Grand Millions Megaways ($799,048) – Michigan

The Pennsylvania player who won in April announced a portion of the earnings would go to Pennsylvania children hospitals. BetMGM Director of VIP Casino, Alex Limesand, said:

“BetMGM congratulates the Pennsylvania player and commend them on their contributions to St. Jude and Shriners. We look forward to continuing to set the standard for online casino excellence and to awarding customers mega jackpot prizes.”

BetMGM also gave PlayPennsylvania the top-five jackpot winners from just the Keystone State in 2023:

  • April 4 – Fjord of Riches ($1.02 million)
  • March 4 – MGM Grand Millions ($1.02 million)
  • June 28 – MGM Grand Millions ($551,893)
  • April 16 – MGM Grand Millions ($497,860)
  • April 29 – Bison Fury ($492,559)

BetMGM’s popular titles lead to PA online casino success

BetMGM having more than 1,500 games is a key factor in its online casino success. The exclusive games made in-house are some of BetMGM’s most popular. On a podcast with Pierre Lindh of iGaming Next, BetMGM’s VP of Gaming, Angus Nisbet, said:

“The games that do well have MGM branding. It might be a game with the MGM Bellagio or Riches.”

BetMGM has 85 games made in-house, with more coming by the end of this year.

According to its Q1 2023 presentation slides, BetMGM is the No. 1 online casino operator in the US with roughly a 27% market share. In Pennsylvania, BetMGM is among one of the top operators.

Hollywood Casino, which partners with its own brand, BetMGM, DraftKings, Barstool and PointsBet, has earned the most revenue year to date ($426.1 million). Rivers Philadelphia, partners with BetRivers, Borgata and Sugarhouse, is a distant second, generating $209.4 million in online revenue.

As BetMGM is always evolving, expect it to remain at the forefront of the online casino industry.

Photo by
Corey Sharp Avatar
Written by
Corey Sharp

Corey Sharp is the Lead Writer at PlayPennsylvania bringing you comprehensive coverage of sports betting and gambling in Pennsylvania. Corey is a 4-for-4 Philly sports fan and previously worked as a writer and editor for the Philadelphia Inquirer and NBC Sports Philadelphia.

View all posts by Corey Sharp
Privacy Policy